49" (124 cm.) 19"h. x 20"d. The large wooden kitchen is painted original cream and has elaborate carving of the front columns,with original blue and cream papered floor to simulate tile,and another blue and white paper that reach 2/3 the height of the walls and is framed by an attached wooden molding; attached shelves are at the right and back. The matching original wooden furnishings of cream paint with blue trim and blue stencils depicting sea and village scenes,are elaborately carved and paneled,and include tall cupboard,work table with fancy back splash,bench,two chairs,and table. There is hanging tin spice rack,hanging tin plate holder,and heavy tinplate stove with original fitted pots and an early iron. Accessories include a 9-piece white porcelain canister set with blue lettering,matching oil and vinegar cruets in original holder,matching rare "traveling" set in original tin frame,and more than 20 additional blue and white porcelain pieces including rare wire-framed bowls,hanging utensil set with wooden handles,muffin tin,mortar and pestle set,and cutting boards. There is also a brass mortar and pestle,tin coffee grinder,scale,painted tole tray,covered egg dish,basket of bone-handled cutlery,two geese,a basket of chicks,a little mouse,and an 8 1/2" bisque boy in original costume. Some typical paint rubs and fading,but overall well-preserved original condition of room and furnishings,contents excellent. Germany,circa 1890,the kitchen was the original property of a prominent family from the 13th century town of Ostpreu Ben,which was part of the original Kingdom of Prussia,and then Germany after 1871. After WWII,the entire region became war spoils and the inhabitants were forced to evacuate; the family fled,with beloved belongings,including this large wooden kitchen which was then already three-generations in the original family,tied to a truck bed,arriving in Munich where they (and the kitchen) lived until its acquisition by Ute Bittl.